Friday, February 20, 2009

What's new?


What's been goin' on in the shop this week? More cats, of course! I'm working on 3 custom kitty faces along with a new kitty I listed on Etsy.





I think I'm going to try making an owl using the same idea as the cat faces using stained glass and glass glob eyes. I've already picked out the glass for it and I'll start working on it tomorrow. It looks really cute on paper, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it turns out well. Sometimes things are a gamble.



Also, I'm working on another rainbow hot air balloon. This is really a fun piece to make. I use glass called Waterglass for the balloon. Waterglass is bold and bright in color and has a light texture to it that's like water rippling gently on the surface of a lake. I position the pieces of the glass in the balloon to make it look like the balloon is full of hot air! The basket is attached to the balloon with links of chain so it can swing freely.


I'm really happy with the participation I've received so far on my give away!! Lots of good ideas and comments. I can't wait to pick a winner. I'm not quite sure what the next give away item will be but I'll come up with something...

No comments: