Monday, June 1, 2009

They're back!






Last year, I wrote about these ugly concrete parking barriers my husband installed in front of my workshop. His idea for this year was to pound steel stakes into the holes to keep the parking barriers from moving around. "Nope, can't do it. My toads will be coming back to use these, so don't interfere with them." Within minutes of my telling him this, a little toad poked his head out to say hello.
Here are some of today's toad observation. This one poked its head out pretty early in the morning and lingered around the hole most of the day. Later in the afternoon he came out to hang around by the downspout of the rain gutter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the swallowtail and the toads are just awesome!

Thanks for saving the little turtle!

Debbie said...

I didn't mean to go anonymous!