Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A peek at what I've been working on


Last week, I started a special order for one of my best customers. Its a stained glass panel with a red biplane flying through the clouds.


The plane is made using a bright red glass along with black, gray and amber for the wheel and the engine and propeller. For the clouds I've used a textured streaky white glass and for the sky I've used two different textures of a pale blue glass. One of the textures of blue, called Artique is transparent with slight squigly lines throughout. The second blue is a type of glass called Baroque which is just a beautifully textured glass with randoms squirls. I've used the Baroque following the path of the plane to create a feeling of movement.


The picture shows all of the glass pieces cut and made to fit along with some of the pieces wrapped with copper foil. Once the entire piece is soldered I'll tack solder skinny copper rods from the top wing to the bottom wing to look like supports. I'll also hand paint features near the propeller to give an appearance that it is also in motion. Overall, this piece will measure 16" tall by wide.


Once the piece is complete I'll be sure to post a picture of it here.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

That's amazing!! Will we get to see the finished product?