Monday, July 14, 2008

The Story of 'The King'


This is 'The King', originally named 'Boy'. He is one of our rescued cats--my husband found him as a kitten when we lived in Ann Arbor, MI, and he brought him home to me to fix my broken heart. My dad died on Christmas Eve 1997 and before we could leave for the funeral in Florida we had to have another cat put to sleep (the cat had cancer and wasn't going to make it much longer). The King is 10 years old and has earned his name--he keeps all the other cats in line, will break up fights between them and commands their respect.

5 comments:

x said...

I love your work! I'm going to get that blue daisy I think! Have you ever made ACEOs? 2 1/2 inch x 3 1/2 inch pieces?

~~smiles,
Kathy

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

ooh! He does look like he thinks of himself as royalty!

livingglassart said...

Ha! He is very proud and regal--until someone knocks on the door. Then he'll hide for hours!

livingglassart said...

Thanks kathy martin--I think I'll have to try an ACEO, good idea!

Cindy and Matt said...

Beautiful cat - what a perfect name for him!