Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011~The year of the turtle




According to the Chinese zodiac the official animal for 2011 was the rabbit~but for me it was the year of the turtle. It seemed everywhere I went I'd have an encounter with one or more. Red-eared Sliders were found both close to water where they like to be but also one made its way through my yard which was a mystery as my yard is high on a hilltop. Eastern Box Turtles were found both in my backyard safe from vehicles, but a handful needed to be rescued out of the highways as well.

Here are some of my favorite turtle photos of 2011, I couldn't list them all as there were so very many. I hope you enjoy this collection.

Wishing all a very happy and healthy 2012. I'm very excited to find out what my animal for the coming year will be.










2 comments:

Celtic Cat said...

Great turtle captures, Anna!

I always help turtles across the road, and one time I had to help a huge snail with a colorful shell move or he would have been squashed in a parking lot.

livingglassart said...

Thanks so much, Celtic Cat! I would have loved to have seen your colorful snail! Those are hard to move, they just don't seem to want to let go of what they are attached to.